Days 11 & 12. More spectacular Dolomites and more bike trouble!!

 My day 11 was a complete rest day off the bike! It's really the first day not doing any riding, although we had one very light day when we cycled to and from Brixen/Bressanone as a day outing. Enjoyed chilling in the fine setting of Camping Cortina, catching up on laundry, journaling, downloading footage off the drone ( yes first time having a drone and I'm still a novice!), a little bike care and recharging all electronics. 

Great campsite at Camping Cortina. Hung out here all day - no hardship.
And this is my dear friend Tannis's one man tents which she kindly let me use for this trip, rather than bringing our bigger 2-man  Hubba Hubba

That's me chillin 😎 

The next morning we were all set to go when I discovered I had no front brake!!! Don't panic Daphne!! I could see that the brake cable had popped out of it's little "casing" in the brake lever. Now if only I could pop it back in myself with my little pliers, but it was way too finicky. And I didn't have the confidence to completely loosen the brake cable to relieve the cable tension, as I didn't know if I'd be able to adjust it properly and safely afterwards.

This is where the trouble was, but even with my tools, I couldn't resolve it myself. FRANK!!!

Fortunately there was a bike repair shop a few miles back up the hill towards Cortina, so we headed there and found a lovely young man who fixed it and wouldn't charge a penny. Next time, I will know what to do myself, although it took him a good bit of fiddling to get it done.

Then we were on our way for another incredible ride in perfect sunshiny weather. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. We were heading for the next campground which was about a 70km ride.

My guy Sam in the bike shop



San Vito di Cadore. Stopped for coffee here

Typical pathway later in the day - had quite a lot of gravel in the first section

A happy biker getting near the end d of the ride

View from our picnic lunch spot



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Plans Ahead! Another European Bike Tour

At the foot of the Alps, Lechstausee (lake), Bavaria

Reaching the Adriatic and the end of the road!